IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY READING THIS PAGE, YOU MUST CONTACT US BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER
1. All our products are set out in catalogue form and can be viewed on our website. We will endeavour to provide our supplies exactly as shown, although it may be that, due to circumstances beyond our control, there could be inconsequential variations to the goods or specification made by the manufacturer.
2. A prescription provided to you by a registered medical practitioner or ophthalmic optician issued within the last two years of a sight test must be enclosed with your order. This prescription will be utilized in the manufacture of the lens for your glasses. It is stressed that a registered ophthalmic optician or medical practitioner must be consulted if you are at all unsure of your prescription. When the goods are delivered, they will contain confirmation of the prescription. Should this in any way deviate from the prescription in your possession, you should contact us immediately without using the goods.
3. In order to acquire glasses from us, you must be over sixteen years of age. We regret we cannot accept orders for people under this age, nor for blind or partially sighted people. We do not accept NHS vouchers or Eyecare vouchers.
4. When ordering your glasses, we must receive from you a PD measurement provided by qualified dispensing opticians. Specs by Post recommends that you obtain your PD before placing an order with us. Otherwise, we will be using a PD of 63mm men and 61mm for women; for bifocal and single vision distance lenses. In cases of single vision reading glasses a PD of 61mm for men and 59mm for women is used unless you indicate otherwise. Your acceptance of this Agreement takes this into account.
5. Orders for lenses of 6 dioptres and over will not be accepted.
6. Likewise, we cannot accept orders for lenses where the sphere value added to the cylindrical value is 6 dioptres or over.
7. Orders for varifocal or progressive lenses can only be accepted by phone as more specific glazing measurements are required. Varifocal lens options are not available for you to order online.
8. As a customer, you may have other redress, including your Statutory Rights. Please note that our Terms & Conditions do not have any bearing on these rights.
Our frames and lenses are covered for 12 months against manufacturers faults, this does not include general wear and tear or misuse.
9. There will be no obligatory Contract between us until such time that we approve your order. You may not cancel any order approved by us with the exception of the description below.
10. All merchandise sold subject to availability.
11. The Terms & Conditions set out herein take precedence over previous statements or agreements (verbal or written) in respect of merchandise and/or services. Any narrative contained in our sales literature or communication is given only as a matter of guidance. It does not form part of this Contract unless otherwise agreed in writing.
12. Our agents, sales personnel or representatives do not have authorisation to amend, in any way, these Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to inform you that any such amendments will be deemed unacceptable unless stated to you in writing.
13. Specs-By-Post Limited (Company No: 05580625) trades under the name www.specs-by-post.co.uk, Copyright 7th January 2006, Specs-By-Post Limited. Their registered office is at The Granary, Fishpond Lane, Braithwell, Rotherham S66 7AA.
A description of the goods is set out on our website and any other documents referred to on our website. Whilst we will attempt to ensure that there are no changes to the goods to be supplied, it is possible that there might be some minor variations to the description and/or specification of the goods which arise by virtue of changes made by the manufacturers of the parts supplied which form part of the goods.
When ordering, you must provide us with details of the relevant prescription that is to be applied to the goods.
All prescriptions provided to us must have been given to you by a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician following a testing of sight by him or her within the last 2 years.
We will rely upon the prescription provided by you and the goods provided will contain lenses matching the prescription that you submitted.
If you are unsure of the relevant prescription to be applied to the goods, please consult a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician before placing an order.
Unless you state otherwise, we use an appropriate average pupillary distance 'PD' to complete your order. This PD measurement has been provided by qualified dispensing opticians. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, and unless you state otherwise, you will be agreeing to let us use an average PD of 63mm for bifocal and single vision distance lenses, or a PD of 61mm for single vision reading lenses - Male & an average PD of 61mm for bifocal and single vision distance lenses, or a PD of 59mm for single vision reading lenses - female. Specs-By-Post recommends that you consult your optician to obtain your PD before ordering, and provide that number to us when ordering.
You must be over the age of 18 to order from Specs By Post, and you must not be registered blind, or partially sighted, or ordering on behalf of someone under 18 years of age.
We will not fulfil orders for lenses of 6 dioptres and over. You must not attempt to place an order of this kind.
We will not fulfil orders for lenses where the sphere value added to the cylindrical value equals 6 dioptres and over. Also if the distance Sphere added to the Near Add together equal more than +6.00. You must not attempt to place an order of this kind, please call us for a quote.
Our goods will be delivered within 28 (twenty eight) working days. Specific dates will only be estimated and not guaranteed. However, if we do not specify a particular date, we shall attempt to delivery within an acceptable time. Should you fail to accept delivery of our goods, it may be necessary to charge you an additional fee to cover additional costs to us, i.e. additional insurance, delivery or similar.
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your glasses you may return them within 7 days of receipt for a full refund (excluding postage) OR exchange (please contact customer services for Returns number before attempting to return any items), original paperwork, invoice must also be returned with the glasses.
For Varifocals we offer a 30 day non-tolerance exchange or refund.
For glasses that have been customized at the customer's request, the refund will be base price of the frame only not the extras/add-ons or postage.
Rimless glasses where size alteration has been requested only 50% of the base price will be refunded
Please notify us within 48 hours of arrival should the goods be damaged in transit. Prices exclude delivery.
It is stressed that you should carefully inspect goods delivered to you. In the unlikely event that the goods are damaged, please contact us immediately
Our website shows prices for all our goods, which will include any Value Added Tax at the current rate, but do not include delivery charge. We require payment for goods at the time of placing the order unless we agree an alternative method of payment with you in writing. These payments should be in pounds sterling.
You will have 7 (seven) days to cancel the contract, if the contract was made by telephone, letter or email. You will lose the right to cancel the contract if we have commenced customization of any materials (including the manufacture of any goods) in accordance with your needs or if we have commenced performance of any of the services including installation.
Any loss or damage to goods following delivery will render you responsible unless such loss or damage is due to our negligence. It is a condition of our contract that any goods supplied to you by ourselves are not for resale to anyone.
Goods are sold on the condition that they are not resold to the public.
Any telephone calls you make to our service may be recorded for training purposes.
(Important – please read carefully)
Nothing in this contract excludes or limits our liability to you for death or personal injury caused as a result of our negligence or any breach of the statutory implied terms as to title of goods or for fraud or any other liability which, by law, we are not allowed to limit or exclude.
Maximum liability (and that of our agents, subcontractors and employees) to you in connection with any physical damage caused to your property through the negligence of us (including our agents, subcontractors and employees) will not, under any circumstances, exceed £10,000.
In every other case, our total liability (including our agents, subcontractors and employees) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) and breach of statutory duty or otherwise, will not exceed the price of the goods to which the claim relates.
Under no circumstances will we (or our agents, subcontractors and employees) be liable to you for any business interruption, loss of data, loss of use, loss of profits, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings.
Under the terms of this contract we will meet our responsibilities for a limited amount of time, unless we cannot be responsible because of factors beyond our reasonable control. We cannot accept liability for delays by our suppliers.
Your Personal Contract (Your limited right to transfer the contract)
No-one, other than yourself, will benefit from this contract. Without permission provided by ourselves, in writing, you cannot transfer your rights or benefit of any of the provisions within this contract.
Our Right to Transfer the Contract
We reserve the right to transfer (sub-contract) any part of the contract to any person or company.
We shall comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to information received from you regarding this contract, and will only transfer personal information provided by you where necessary to fulfil our duties under this contract.
Cookies are "text only” data which a website sends to a cookie file of the browser on a computer hard disk to enable the website to remember your identity. Usually, a cookie will have the name of the site from which the cookie has arrived on your computer, the "lifetime” of the cookie and a value. This is normally a randomly generated unique number.
Should you pay a visit to our website, we will send you a cookie. These may be used as follows:
A cookie helps us identify you as a specific visitor when you return to our website. It then enables us to decide which particular content or advertisement best matches your interests and avoids the same adverts being shown to you repeatedly.
To compose statistics that permits us to understand and improve the structure
of our website.
The two types of cookie used on this website are session cookies (temporary)
which remain on the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website.
The other type – persistent cookies – remain on the cookie file of your browser for a longer indeterminate period.
Any correspondence sent to us regarding this contract must be sent, in writing, by first-class post, or hand delivered. Written correspondence will be treated as having been given to the person receiving it three working days after posting (first class post), and at the time of delivery (if hand delivered).
If you have any questions or queries relating to any of the above or anything to do with the site please do not hestitate to contact us.